See the Dazzling Brilliancy of the Lighthouse Wave
“Observe, record, tabulate, communicate. Use your five senses. Learn to see, learn to hear, learn to feel, learn to smell, and know that by practice alone you can become expert. “-William Osler
The philosophy of The Lighthouse Wave is you must build your own lighthouse strong before you are able to shine your light on others. It is important to exercise your five senses to grow each day. Scientists are discovering how incredibly important it is to use all our physical senses for proper brain and emotional development.
There are waves of light and sound to help you achieve personal strength. Simply put, seeing is produced by light waves which reach the retina of the eye. While hearing is produced by sound waves which beat on your eardrum. Microwaves are used to cook your food really fast. Different “waves” assist you in smelling and feeling.
In the book Lighthouse Wave, you can learn to use light waves to help you see yourself and the world around you better. Your eyes will help you learn and grow. For now, read some quotes about lighthouses to inspire you! Find a quiet spot and enjoy these inspirational quotes about lighthouses:
“We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine. – Dwight L. Moody
“It’s about how you’re like a lighthouse, always searching far into the distance. But the thing you’re looking for is usually close to you and always has been. That’s why you have to look within yourself to find answers instead of searching beyond.” – Susane Colasanti
“Prophesies are dark and don’t need a flashlight to illuminate. I’m a bring my own lighthouse kind of lover.” ― Jarod Kintz
“He slept that night thinking of loves and lighthouses. That one love might shine to bring all loves home.” – Jamie O’Neill
“There are times when the ocean is not the ocean – not blue, not even water, but some violent explosion of energy and danger: ferocity on a scale only gods can summon. It hurls itself at the island, sending spray right over the top of the lighthouse, biting pieces off the cliff. And the sound is a roaring of a beast whose anger knows no limits. Those are the nights the light is needed most.”― M. L. Steadman
“We have a light upon our house, and it gives hope to all who sail upon the stormy seas. Do ya know what it means to have a light burning atop your home? It is safety, a place of refuge, seen by all that as a signal that ye stand for something greater than this world, greater than us all.” ― James Michael Pratt
“He had been my lighthouse, leading me to safe harbor without fail. He’d weathered the storms with me, holding out hope I would find my way to him. His light never flickered, never went out. He was my steadfast beacon – my destination.” – Genna Rulon
“A holy life will produce the deepest impression. Lighthouses blow no horns; they only shine.” – D.L. Moody
“Were I a Roman Catholic, perhaps I should on this occasion vow to build a chapel to some saint, but as I am not, if I were to vow at all, it should be to build a light-house― Benjamin Franklin
“A good book is a lighthouse; a wise man is a lighthouse; conscience is a lighthouse; compassion is a lighthouse; science is a lighthouse! They all show us the true path! Keep them in your life to remain safe in the rocky and dark waters of life!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
“What does a lighthouse do? I ask myself. It never moves. It cannot hike up its rocky skirt and dash into the ocean to rescue the foundering ship. It cannot calm the waters or clear the shoals. It can only cast light into the darkness. It can only point the way. Yet, through one lighthouse, you guide many ships. Show this old lighthouse the way.” ― Lisa Wingate
“Lighthouses are not just stone, brick, metal, and glass. There’s a human story at every lighthouse; that’s the story I want to tell.” ― Elinor Dewire
Let your spirit – your inner lighthouse – shine bright, so you can help others today and tonight!” – Denise Hart
Hear the Calling of The Lighthouse Wave
“Country music is always changing but the Opry is always there to serve as a lighthouse for what country music really is. The past, present and future is all encompassed by not only the physical structure of the building but also the radio show.” – Dierks Bentley
Hearing is when our ears take sound waves and make them into something our brains can understand. The Lighthouse Wave believes to build a strong lighthouse one must learn to really listen. Spend some time today trying to listen to yourself and others.
Listening to music is a wonderful way to learn, grow, relax…There are over 300 songs about lighthouses – here are a few to songs to touch your soul and help you grow.
- Lighthouse – James Taylor
- Seven Days – Kenny Chesney
- Night Watch – Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, and Ray Price
- I Need You – Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
- Take it From Here – Justin Timberlake
- Lighthouse – Fantasia
- Let the Lower Lights Be Running – Johnny Cash
- Amity – Carly Simon and Sally Taylor
- I Will Always Find My Way to You – Conway Twitty
- Let your Light Shine on Me – Blind Willie Johnson
- Water Tower – Jason Aldean
- Till I Gain Control Again – Van Morrison
- Lighthouse – Hawkwind
- Shine on Me – The Greenbriar Boys
- Lighthouse Heart – Jimmy Rankin
- Marie Christine – Gordon Lightfoot
- Lighthouse – Ziggy Marley
- Unstoppable – Rascal Flats
- Getaway – Pearl Jam
- Airstream Song – Miranda Lambert
- Winds of Change – Beach Boys
- The Lighthouse – David Byrne
- Lighthouse – Joe Jonas
- Light from your Lighthouse – The Fireman
Smell The Lighthouse Wave
A few years my son was randomly attacked and had tramic brain injury. He is much better now but can no longer smell anything. As you work on building your own lighthouse never take anything for granted as tomorrow it may be gone. There is so much to appreciate about life so go out and smell the roses, coffee, ocean, cookies, grass…the list is endless. Be grateful for every smell, even the bad ones, because you never know what your last smell might be. The following are ten scents that will benefit your well-being:
- Lavender – many people find that the smell of lavender calms both the mind and the body. Folks also find the smell useful in helping them sleep.
- Cinnamon- studies have shown that smelling cinnamon can sharpen your mind -helping both your memory and attention span.
- Pine – research has shown that smelling pine can alleviate stress. Bring on the Christmas tree!
- Fresh-cut grass – smelling fresh-cut grass has been shown to make people feel more relaxed and joyful.
- Citrus – the smells of orange and lemon can help you feel more energized and alert.
- Vanilla – research has shown that smelling vanilla can elevate your mood helping your feel more relaxed and joyful.
- Peppermint – there are some studies that have shown that smelling peppermint may boost concentration.
- Jasmine- research has shown that smelling jasmine may ease depression.
- Apples -there have been studies that show smelling apples may mitigate a migraine.
- Olive oil – just smelling olive oil may curve your cravings and help satisfy your appetite.
The Taste of Lighthouse Wave Love
“Taste life like food which is bitter and sweet, a blended journey will leave you complete.” – Denise Hart
“A person with taste is merely one who can recognize the greatest beauty in the simplest things.” ― Barbara Taylor Bradford
“The recipe for great work is: very exacting taste, plus the ability to gratify it.” ― Paul Graham
“The big uncookable sections of who we are, they’re the ones I love to taste the most.”― Jarod Kintz
“These questions of taste, of feeling, of inheritance, need no settlement. Everyone carries his own inch-rule of taste, and amuses himself by applying it, triumphantly, wherever he travels.”
― Henry Adams
“A sample may taste better than the whole, because it’s meant for a taste test, which is perceptually expected to garner favorable results. This is why I can’t give you all my love. Plus, you don’t have a container big enough to hold all my love.” ― Jarod Kintz
“The taste of your life depends on the spices you used to brew it. Add laziness to it and it becomes bitter as the bile; put a cube of good attitudes into it and you will lick your lips more and more due to its sweet taste.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
“Your love is not really love until you waste it, a kiss is never a kiss until you taste it..” ― Munia Khan
The Lighthouse Wave Touches Hearts and Minds
“Your success is directly proportional to the number of lives you have touched for the better.”
― Vishwas Chavan
“In life, we leave a legacy to our children, we leave our footprints wherever we travel, and we leave our fingerprints on every heart we touch.” ― Pat Patrick
Touch is an important part of human development – we feel more connected to someone if they touch us. Touching others and being touched can positively impact your mood, your confidence and your health. I was a school counselor for many years and we were trained to never touch our students. This practice was really hard because so often people need a hug when they are feeling down. Research shows that touch is the best way to comfort.
Appropriate touch is lacking in our world today – the world needs more hugs, pats on the back, high fives and handshakes. However, most of us must save our touching for personal relationships. It seems that for casual acquaintances the only acceptable areas for touch are from the shoulder down to the hand and even this type of touch can offend some people.
According to The Touch Research Institute, “when you stimulate the pressure receptors in the skin, you lower stress hormones. At the same time, warm touch stimulates release of the “cuddle hormone,” oxytocin, which enhances a sense of trust and attachment.” There are so many reasons you need to be touched on a regular basis. Here are four great reasons to reach out and touch someone appropriately today!
- Touch can lower your blood pressure – studies have shown that people who are touched regularly have lower blood pressure than those who are not touched regularly.
- Touch helps you feel connected to other people and animals- touch plays a very important role in human communication. it also connects us to our animal friends!
- Touch can reduce anxiety – simply touching someone can make you feel more secure and less anxious and it can do the same for the person you are touching.
- Touch renews romantic bonds with your loved one – regular touch is important in romantic relationships.
Use all your senses every day to learn, grow and live The Lighthouse Wave!